The first episode of the Guru Performance 'We Do Science' podcast! In this episode I (Laurent Bannock) discuss a number of important current topics in sports and exercise nutrition with top UK sports nutrition researchers and practitioners: Graeme Close PhD and James Morton PhD. In this session we get into:
- Should athletes avoid carbohydrates?
- What is fasted-state training? Can it improve body composition and performance
- Is there a post-exercise anabolic ‘window of opportunity’?
- How important are sports supplements to performance?
- Is a calorie a calorie? Is it important to consider the quantity and not the quality of calories when it comes to health and performance?
- What is the best piece of advice you can give someone looking to become a performance nutritionist?
Checkout our other podcasts, video blogs and articles on all things performance nutrition at www.GuruPerformance.com