Episode 77 of the Guru Performance 'We Do Science' Podcast! In this episode I (Laurent Bannock) discuss 'Body Composition & Assessment' with Shawn Arent PhD, Rutgers University, USA. In this session we get into:
- Defining 'Body Composition'
- Chemical and Anatomical Body Composition Models
- Reference / Criterian Methods of Assessing Body Composition
- Laboratory Methods for Assessing Body Composition (i.e. DXA, Densitometry, Hydrometry etc)
- Field Methods of Assessing Body Composition (i.e. Anthropometry / Skin folds, BIA etc)
- Limitations & Contexts for Body Composition Testing (Health, Performance, Aesthetic etc)
Checkout our other podcasts, video blogs and articles on all things performance nutrition at www.GuruPerformance.com