Episode 89 of the Guru Performance 'We Do Science' Podcast! In this episode I (Laurent Bannock) discuss 'Personalised Nutrition: What Makes You So Special?' with James Betts PhD and Javier Gonzalez PhD from Bath University, UK. In this session we get into:
- Defining personalised nutrition
- Is personalised nutrition justified by small differences between people?
- Can measuring differences between people predict individual responses to personalised nutrition?
- Genetics and personalised nutrition. Concerns with efficacy of genetic testing and prescribing diets.
- Can measuring individual responses predict who would benefit from personalised nutrition?
- Responders and non-responders v dependable responders etc.
- Implications and possible solutions to personalised nutrition.
- Personalised v precision nutrition.
Checkout our other podcasts, video blogs and articles on all things performance nutrition at www.GuruPerformance.com