Episode 114 of the Guru Performance 'We Do Science' podcast! In this episode, I (Laurent Bannock) discuss "The Global Sports Nutrition Practitioner" with Dan Kings MSc MBA (Assistant Director Sports Science, Aspetar, Qatar).
In this session we get into:
- Cultural diversity and its relevance to the sports nutritionist, sport scientist, S&C Coach etc
- The global sports nutritionist: what does this mean and why it's important to become one
- Cultural differences (i.e. beliefs, traditions, social and religious traits etc)
- Practitioner competencies and the vital importance of developing and enhancing "soft skills"
- CQ: defining "Cultural Intelligence" and its importance to the practitioners' "soft skills"
- Implications to both research and practice in sport & exercise science and nutrition
Check out our other podcasts, publications, events, and professional education programs for current and aspiring sports nutritionists at www.GuruPerformance.com